This happens to be the first of its kind to be conducted, as it would go a long way to build confidence in our output as far as bunkering operations is concerned.
And also prepared we are as an organization to make sure bunkering operations are performed safely, adhering to mandatory rules set out by GPHA.
The Aim for the Oil Spill Response Drill Exercise is as follows:
- To establish and maintain an Emergency Plan for major potential site emergencies.
- To provide a method of controlling and minimizing injury to persons, and damage to property in the event of a site related emergency and or disaster.
- To establish and maintain competent Emergency Response Team (ERT) trained and prepared to respond to site emergencies in a fast and effective manner.
- To maintain the safety of all personnel during an emergency.
- To ensure that equipment and personnel are maintained in a state of readiness at all times.
- Complying with mandatory rules and regulations set out by GPHA.